I am 33 weeks along in this pregnancy and, overall, I feel pretty good!
(The above picture was taken at 30 weeks)
My biggest complaint is my shrinking wardrobe options and the increased difficultly in bending over and getting up from a sitting or lying position... which really isn't much of a complaint at all!;) It is part and parcel to pregnancy, and I accept that, for the most part;)... I know some struggle greatly with infertility and difficult pregnancies (both physically and emotionally), and although I am not above complaining about it from time to time, I never want these minor things to overshadow the privilege I have in carrying this little life within me. (Remind me of this statement as I get ever near to the end;)
Some things to note with this pregnancy:
- I had to do the 3 hour retest for gestational diabetes. I passed that test, however, so all was well in the end. I didn't recall having to do that before, but when I was sitting in the clinic for 3 hours, it all seemed vaguely familiar, like I had to do the retest with Nathan as well.. . but I honestly couldn't tell you for sure!
-My iron came back low in testing around that time too. I've had to start taking an iron supplement, but I know I've had to do that in previous pregnancies (at least one or two, if not all three... it's amazing how much you forget, after the fact;).
- I have a slightly weird factor to my blood that caused a bit of a headache when I was pregnant with Nathan, but it has since been resolved in this pregnancy that I am Rh with a weak D+. What that has meant is I have not had to have any Rhogam shots with this pregnancy. In previous pregnancies, I have been treated as Rh- and given the shots; Maria on the other hand, has never had the shots. When we were pregnant with Gianna and Weston, at about the same time, this came up and Maria was told, in the mist of labor, she must not be an identical twin, like she had thought she was her entire life;)...(talk about emotionally traumatizing a pregnant woman in one of her weakest moments!;) Now we just know the weak D+ can throw the test results off a bit, and we are identical twins once more;)
-We are narrowing in on a name, but it is still not fully set! If I had to give a name right now, I would say it's going to be Dominic Andrew. I have read a little about St. Dominic Savio and really like his story... that has been my biggest pull towards this name. We'll see if it sticks to the end! When I asked Nathan about the name today, he said, "No. How about Ball or Easter Egg?" (Two items in his view.) And then he turned to his play grill and decided Grill would be a good name for his baby brother;)
-Finally, these two cuddlers are going to have to learn to make room for one more on mom's lap! Maybe I should have been born with three legs- ha!
You look great! I love that name (but will love anything you pick!)
ReplyDelete