Friday, February 3, 2017

It's A....


BOY!!!!

Andy and I are SO excited to welcome another little boy to our family!!  Gianna and Ella have their similarities as girls, but also differences in their personalities.  We are excited to see the similarities and differences another little boy will bring:)

Nathan was confident the baby in mommy's belly was a boy.  When Ella tried to tell him it could be a girl, he got upset with her.  His eyes lit up, and he gave me a sweet smile when I told him the baby was a boy. He is going to have a brother:)

Gianna is excited to have another brother!!  Really, she would have been pleased with a boy or a girl.  Overall, she is just greatly looking forward to having another baby in our family:)  I am looking forward to the helpful hand my then 9 year old will be!

Ella had her heart set on a girl. When I confirmed with her it was a boy, she cried:/  I know she is going to love him to pieces when he comes, but she was sad to hear she wouldn't have a little sister.  When I showed her the ultrasound picture of the "turtle" (i.e. how they describe the look of a little boy part;) She said, "that doesn't even look like a turtle!!" After the news settled in a bit, however, she was doing better, and I think she felt a little embarrassed for getting so upset.  

It is not uncommon for people to tell you about the parents who were told their baby was a boy only to discover, when the baby was born, it was actually a girl and vs-versa.  If this indeed proves to be the case, I know one person who will be pleasantly surprised;)

(The girls are dressed a little goofy in the video~ it was Wacky Wednesday at school that day for Catholic Schools Week;)

Later in the evening, I showed the kids this video.  It made me laugh, and I think it made Ella feel better to know she wasn't the only one to have that initial reaction;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment