Thursday, February 27, 2014

Library

So, what do you do on a snow day when your husband's working, you're stuck in doors, and you have no real plans for the entire day?...

Take over the living room and teach your daughters to play library, like you did when you were a little girl;)!


This activity lasted all morning and well into the afternoon!

I helped Gianna pull almost all their books from the book shelf and categorize them. Then, while I took a shower, she set up the entire "library."  From then on out, Gianna, Ella and I took turns checking out books and being the librarian.  The librarian was responsible for story time as well;)

When I took this picture Ella was providing some library entertainment with her dancing and Gianna was put to work doing an inventory of all the books in the library.  She wrote down each category we had and counted the number of books in each. 

A learning exercise and playtime rolled into one!

This summer, I'm going to teach them how to play lifeguard.  Maria, my cousin Sara, and I spent entire afternoons playing that as well;)

1 comment:

  1. Finally catching up on your blog. This is a great post! What a fun day. You're such a great mommy, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete