Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mommy Moments

The moments that make up motherhood



An exchange between Gianna and myself
 
"Hey mom! I trapped some parrots in a cage!"

"You did, huh, that's neat."

"Hey Ella, now we need fake tape to keep them in there.  Here, Ella, let's put some tape around the cage."

"That's a good idea."

"Why is it a good idea?"

"Well, we wouldn't want them to fly around in the middle of the night while we're sleeping."

"MOM! They're just pretend!  They're not real!"


And here I thought they were real the whole time! I guess I should have picked up on the fake tape clue;)...  Honestly, though, I think the thought of parrots flying around in the middle of the night scared her a little, and she had to remind herself they were actually fake;)  

  

 Oh, and the parrots names by the way, were Hannah... and Goulash.



At least I'm not the only one who gets confused with all this pretend play... after licking the "cupcake" covered in "frosting," she soon realized it didn't taste very good;)  "Yucky"

2 comments:

  1. So cute and so silly! It's great that they like to play together. I look forward to those days (though I know they're still a long way off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think Ella thinks about when they are pretending, I mean really do you think she,s envisioning fake parrots. I love how she just lays down next to Gianna. Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete