Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Little Sewing Project

And when I say little, I mean little....  little Barbie dresses that is!

After Ella went down for her nap yesterday afternoon, Gianna pulled out one of her Barbies and wanted me to change her clothes.  This soon lead me to think about how many change of outfits we do not currently have for Barbie; I then wondered if there were any free Barbie outfit patterns online? ...of course there were;)

And before I knew it, I was trying my hand at a dress for Barbie!

Two+ hours later, I completed the first one.  And since Ella was not about to be left out, once she found out what I was doing, (you cannot pass things by her so easily now;), I finished another one later that night (the second one only took me about 1 1/2 hours;). 


Have you seen how skimpy some of the Barbie outfits are now a days?!  That factor alone may motivate me to try my hand at a few more outfits some other time, although, I must say, I really enjoyed making these little dresses so that may motivate me to make something else as well.


And who do I inspire to be like with these little sewing projects?...


My mom!

This is an outfit she made for Gianna's doll she gave her a few years ago.  This is just one example; she wowed us with the cutest pajama and bathrobe set this past Christmas... and I can't wait for Gianna to see what she made her for her birthday;)


  Gianna and Ella entertaining themselves for a little bit while I finished up the first dress... A mess accumulates quite quickly, but I've learned to let it be for a time, so I can complete the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment