Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween Weekend

After spending quite a bit of time making Gianna's costume last year, only to have half of it fall apart bit by bit over the night, I decided to go with the "less is more" mentality this year.  (The less time I spend modifying the costumes, the better;) I usually get caught up in the details, so this time, after finding some good raw materials at Goodwill, I tweaked them enough to give them the function they needed and only spent a little time on the details.  Overall, I was pleased with the final outcome of both costumes, and we had two beautiful girls dress up as two beautiful butterflies for Halloween:) 



We spent our time in La Crosse and enjoyed a busy, but fun, Halloween there. 


On Sunday, we decided to try and take the girls to the mall for some trick or treating.  It was very busy and you had to stand in line to get candy at most of the stores.  Although I don't think the final outcome was worth the effort, it was a little bit of Halloween fun, none the less.





Sunday night we carved pumpkins.  Gianna put her hand in the pumpkin once and called it quites, and I didn't dare put Ella's hand in because I knew it would go straight into her mouth.  After about a half an hour, we all left the table and Andy was left to finish the task.  (That's what dads are for, right?;)

 Ella and her pumpkin!

 Wasn't so sure about putting her hand in...

 but she did... once.

 This was the reaction we got when we asked her to do it again;)

 Watching dad and grandpa do the dirty work

 Ella was more interested in all the paper

Gianna did enjoy helping me draw the pumpkin faces.  She requested happy faces for both. I never did get a picture of the final carvings, but they looked cute:)

On Halloween, we met up with Curious George and the alligator/ dinosaur for some trick-or-treating in downtown West Salem.  The weather was a bit cool, but definitely not too bad.  After Maria and I finally made it downtown with all the kids, we realized, again, the outcome was not quite worth the effort.  There were lots of kids and when Weston took one look at one kid dressed up in a scary costume, he was terrified.  He wouldn't let Maria set him down and was literally shaking.  After going into two businesses, we decided it wasn't worth it and headed back to finish the night making our stops at the grandparents' houses.




We ended the night at Grandma and Grandpa Teska's.  We helped grandma celebrate her birthday!

Ella wore the same pajamas Gianna did on her first Halloween and she sure was a cute little pumpkin:)

And, of course, we had to put the same goofy glasses on her too!

2 comments:

  1. they were the most beautiful butterflies ever and we are happy that we got to spend the week-end with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like a fun Halloween! Those costumes were absolutely precious...good job! I enjoyed the comparison of Gianna and Ella in the same Halloween outfit, very cute:) All of my nieces and nephews looked great for Halloween, and super cute!

    ReplyDelete