Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Apple Orchard and the Fire Station Open House

Last Friday, we picked a very windy day to go to one of the local apple orchards.  Unfortunately, it wasn't the weekend so they weren't doing any wagon rides, but we had a nice little visit non-the-less and picked out some pumpkins to take home.

I'm trying to convince myself it was a better experience picking out the pumpkins at the orchard rather than the grocery store, but who am I kidding... we paid $5 a pumpkin at the orchard and when we got home we found a grocery store advertisement in the mail with all pumpkins on sale for $1.88!  Next year I think we'll pick the pumpkins out at the store and make sure we go to the orchard on the weekend so we can go on a wagon ride;)


 Just a little windy!

These are Gianna's pictures from the orchard.  When she saw we were bringing our camera she wanted to bring hers too.  I was showing her the honeycomb with the bees on it and before I knew it she was getting out her camera to take a picture.  It was really cute. She also saw the bees on the wall and decided to take a picture of those too:)




On Sunday, Grandpa and Grandma Teska were here for a visit and the Fire Station was having an open house.  We took advantage of a very nice day and walked down to the station for some fun with daddy. 

 Ella and Mommy with Sparky the Fire Dog

 Tired girl number one...

 Tired girl number 2 (do not try and take a brownie away from a tired 3 year old... you would think the world was about to end;)

 Waiting in line to go up in the snorkel truck

 The firefighters were all wearing pink shirts in support of breast cancer awareness month

 Getting ready to go up in the snorkel!  I had taken Gianna up when she was about 4 months old and this year it was Ella's turn:)

Sure was a beautiful day for an open house:)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! Glad it was at least really sunny with all the wind:)

    ReplyDelete