Last week we had a two for one doctor's appointment; we brought both girls to an appointment at the same time (although I'm sure we will have to pay for each separately;). Gianna was due for her three year old check up and Ella was due for her two month check up. Both girls checked out healthy:)
At 2, pretty close to 2 1/2 months old, Ella is 23 1/4 inches in length (65 percentile), 11 lbs 14 ozs in weight (55 percentile) and her head size is 15 1/2 inches (50 percentile). She gained steadily in weight and stayed in about the same percentile as she was when she was born, but both her length and head size jumped up. She was a little on the shorter end at birth and her head was in the lower percentile too, but now she seems to be right in the middle (I guess she just ran out of room in my belly and needed to catch up outside it;)
She impressed the doctor with her "talking" ability and had a lot to say to him during her check up. He also said she is doing great with her tracking abilities and her head and upper body control. She even rolled over for him from her tummy to her back. (Although I know it was completely by accident, it's technically the first time she's rolled over:)
I also told the doctor about her ability to sleep long stretches at night (about 7-8 hours between feedings). Although she does do some cluster feeding before she settles in for her long stretch, I wanted to make sure it was alright to let her go so long between feedings considering she's a breastfed baby and is still pretty young. He assured me it was completely fine and nothing to worry about; she would let me know if she was hungry. He told me at this point, we, as parents, are responsible for what our children eat; they are responsible for how much they eat. So now, as long as it lasts, I will just marvel at her ability to sleep so well at such a young age, instead of worry about it;)
As far as a little comparison goes, at about 2 1/2 months old Gianna was 23 1/2 inches in length, 12 lbs 13 ozs in weight, and her head was 15.51 inches. Pretty similar.
Although Gianna was a little scared for her part of the visit at the start, and did cry a few times here and there, she eventually warmed up to the doctor after he assured her nothing was going to hurt; she let him check her eyes, ears, teeth, heart, and tummy. She is currently 37.4 inches in length (92 percentile) and 29 1/2 lbs in weight (28 percentile). She continues to be taller than 9 out of 10 girls her age! Like I've always said, I'm not going to know how to help her find the right pair of jeans-- my problem was that they were always to long; hers will be that they are always too short;)
We had to fill out a little at home evaluation form prior to her appointment and the "results" were of no surprise to me. She scored very well in her communication, fine motor, and personal-social skills; was closer to the "cutoff" in her gross motor skills (the girl can definitely jump and climb but perhaps not the most skilled in always doing so;), and she scored the lowest in her problem solving skills. While her lower score in the problem solving area may mean we have to do more of these kinds of activities with her, I think it also had to do with her wanting to do her own thing! Why copy mom's boring, old straight line of blocks when she can make hers into a cool circle or a tall tower. I think she has a little bit of a leader vs follower aspect to her personality.
Finally, I'll leave you with this picture-- we may have a thumb sucker!
No comments:
Post a Comment