And now, moving into the next holiday season, here are some pictures of our Christmas lights! This is the first year Andy and I tackled outside lights, and we are pleased with the results. We just need some snow to cover up all the cords;) Yes, I actually said I wanted some snow... scary;)
We have a lot to live up to because that has been a point of conversation for us since the beginning of our years together. On one of our first dates, I remember talking about Christmas lights and our shared pet peeves surrounding them. We both agree that Christmas lights should not be kept up year round, you can't string lights from a house to a tree when they are more than a foot away, and you can't have a conglomeration of a whole bunch of different kinds of lights unless you're really good at pulling that look off. Every year, Andy and I enjoy driving around looking at people's lights and giving them a light-hearted critique.
Keeping in mind, it was hard to capture the look of the lights with our camera, what do you think of our Christmas lights display?! And by the way, if you don't like it, we're not changing it! After 3 trips to Menards, a trip to Wal-Mart, a trip to the local hardware store, and trying to figure out how we were going to plug everything in with two available outlets, it's going to stay the way it is:)
You and Gianna look so pretty in that picture of the two of you! She looks like a perfect little angel in that sleeping one!
ReplyDeleteOh, and the lights look great!
It's funny, it's like you and Ave keep swapping hair styles- when yours is short, hers is long and visa versa. Cute.
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas light decorations. Simple, not overdone, noticeable, blue, Christ. I love blue lights and the fact that you kept Christ in Christmas by displaying a small nativity. Looks great!
Love the blog ,The picture of Gianna sleeping is so precious. Your outside lights look great
ReplyDeleteThe lights look great! Mike and I should plan a trip up there to see them in person:)
ReplyDeleteA little late, but I'm sure they are still up...the lights look great! I really like them actually and LOVE the blue!
ReplyDelete