One beautiful Sunday, fall day, we headed to Tews Corn Maze with G&G Teska.
The kids had a lot of fun looking at the farm animals, watching a pig race, bouncing on a big blob, playing in the corn-box, going through the short corn maze, going on a hay ride, and picking (HUGE) pumpkins out of the patch. G&G Teska offered to watch the younger kids play while Andy, Gianna, and I attempted to finish the big part of the maze. Gianna made it through about a quarter of the big one before she had enough and Andy and I were the last two left. We worked as a team and finished it in about an hour; we only got a little turned around once... it was a good marriage building exercise;)
Another beautiful, yet cool, fall day, Andy took the kids on a hike through the woods, on the trails near our house. The girls packed backpacks and water, and took frequent water breaks, while Nathan tripped shortly into the hike and insisted on being carried the rest of the way. All in all, however, he said they were all troopers, and they all had a good time on their "nature hike"!
And just last Sunday, Ella got to go to her first friend birthday party all by herself! Once she found out they did not have a dog, she was ready for some fun. She had a great time at the party and told me when I picked her up, "Mom, I didn't get that sickness (i.e. a homesick feeling); I didn't miss any of you!" I was glad she had a good time:)



No comments:
Post a Comment