Saturday, September 3, 2016

School Has Begun!

Ella's First Day of Kindergarten!
August 22, 2016
St. Mary's Primary School
Teacher: Mrs. Cichosz
Student Teacher: Ms. Gooley


Ella absolutely LOVED her first day of school. She was just beaming when I picked her up.  I could tell she felt like one of the big kids now. I think she also felt like she had finally been let in on the "secret" of what this whole school thing is all about;) Her aunt and uncle sent her a gift card to help her celebrate and her godparents sent her flowers and a balloon on her first day, which made her feel very special:)

I wish I could say that's how things have continued, but on Wednesday of her first week, her teacher called me in the afternoon to let me know she had a very sad girl:/  We decided it was best for her to finish out the day, and by the time I picked her up, she was better.  She told me she missed me and missed being home.  Since then, it has been a big struggle bringing her to school in the morning. She has been sad on and off throughout the school day (mainly at lunch and recess when her teacher is not there) but has always stuck it out to the end and has had smiles and giggles too! Some of the girls in her class have been very kind and have colored her pictures and made her things to try and help her feel better. Her teacher seems assured that things will get better as she gets use to this being her new normal... I sure hope so!


Gianna's First Day of 3rd Grade!
August 22, 2016
St. Stanislaus School (a.k.a. St. Stan's)
Teacher: Mrs. Ratz

 Gianna jumped right into 3rd grade, hardly missing a beat;)  She really likes her teacher and loves the alternative seating her teacher has adopted.  They do not have standard desks in their classroom. Instead, there are different places and spaces the students can sit; the idea being, they have the freedom to pick a comfortable spot, where ever that may be. She has already done a few fun science experiments in class, considers herself a lover of reading, and is really looking forward to learning cursive this year!

Celebrating a successful first day!
Meanwhile, at home, I've been kept busy playing with this little guy;)  He has completely thrown us into the world of little boys, as he loves anything to do with construction (trucks, hats, hammers, etc) and loves playing "emergency."

A game of baseball-football can be included on any given day too;)



Andy is back in school too, but did have a week off between the summer and fall semesters, which happened to fall nicely on his birthday and our anniversary week.  (34 years old for him and 9 years of marriage for us.)


During his week off, I managed to squeeze in two house "to do" items (hehe;). We filled a big dumpster with things we have torn out of the house and yard over the past year, and he painted my craft room. It was his anniversary gift to me, and it was a great gift!  Just what I wanted:)... stay tuned for pictures of that transformation, coming soon;)


No comments:

Post a Comment