Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Winter in Minnesota and Flip Flops!

We are now at that lovely time of year when spring is ever hopeful and beautiful, sunny, 50 degree days are followed by cold and snowy ones.... here's to hoping we have more of the former rather than the later from here on out!  I love spring, and I love summer even more!

One snowy, but not so cold day, the girls were itching to get outside and decided to surprise dad by shoveling the entire driveway:)  They did a pretty good job, and he appreciated their efforts.

A couple of weekends ago, they were itching to get outside again when some of the warmer weather started to settled in.  They each put on a t-shirt and three sweatshirts so they would NOT have to wear a coat;)  

This past Saturday we had a beautiful mid-50's and sunny day that, in turn, prompted flip flops for the girls!  However, there is a moral to this story, do not wear flip flops in February! Gianna wound up tripping over a stone fire pit and tore her pinkie toenail right off!  I brought her inside and told Andy is was all his job to take care of that one... it made me shutter every time I thought of it;)  Gianna cried for a bit at first but soon put on a brave face and has loved sharing her story with others to see how much of a reaction she can get... her opening line is, "I have 10 toes and 9 toenails."

While the girls have been itching to get outside and play, I on the other hand, have been itching to get outside to start working on the yard again...   (Andy better hope it warms up soon before I'm tempted to demo something inside the house instead;)  So far this winter I've only done some inside rearranging here and there, but I sure do dream of doing more.  We have officially been in our house for one year now and love it even more than we did when we first moved in.  With that being said, I still look forward to making this house even more of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment