Friday, November 8, 2013

Just a Little Baby Update

In case you haven't noticed the side bar, I am officially 31 weeks along in this pregnancy, with the third (and final!) trimester underway!  I am now having my midwife visits every 2 weeks (vs. monthly), and it seems crazy to me to already be at that point. 

I was a little sad to leave the second trimester because I really felt great through it all, but it is exciting to be just that much closer to meeting this little guy (even if it does mean more tiredness and being just that much more uncomfortable:)

I had my latest appointment this past Monday and baby is measuring right on.  My midwife didn't think he was head down yet, but she said she wasn't worried as there was still plenty of time for him to change positions. (30 weeks is just the beginning of the time in which babies begin to pick their positions.)  She did say that it is more common for mothers who have had previous babies to have a breach baby, because the uterus is just that much more stretched out, but again, she said she wasn't worried, and neither am I.

I think I've officially began a bit of nesting as well. I've organized two closets, rearranged the girls' room, and started getting some baby stuff in its place.  While I'm naturally an organizer/ rearranger, I think it definitely heightens during pregnancy-- you think Andy would understand the third time around, but it seems to surprise him every time;)  I'm telling you, no closet (or room) in our apartment is safe right now!;)

Thanks to Maria, we are well stocked in newborn and 0-3 month baby boy clothes!  I already have a few drawers full of clothes, and I told her she can't give me any more than that right now, because I have no place to put them.  It's so different seeing all the blues instead of all the pinks!

And lastly, as far as a name decision goes, I think we have one set, but I've also been rethinking our decision a lot these past few weeks.  Boys names are definitely harder for me to decide on than girls names; maybe it's just because I've never had to permanently decide one before, so we'll see what we end up with;)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Ella's baby in her tummy is doing well too;)  We often hear her say she can't do something because of "baby in my tummy."  I think she uses that excuse more than I do!

If we ask her what we should name our baby, she often says, "Girl."  I tell her I don't think her baby brother would appreciate that name, but that's all she gives me;)

It's really cute though, every night when we ask her what she wants to pray for she always says, "Baby in mommy's tummy, getting bigger!"

As part of baby prep, we did also transition Ella into her "big girl" bed (aka a toddler bed).  Overall, she's done well- she's only fallen out once;)

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were feeling (thinking you were getting close to the 3rd trimester)! Does indeed seem crazy you are already that far along, but I (and Matt) could not be MORE excited and thrilled to soon meet the little guy:) GUY! gah, that's still crazy and I'm not sure I can comprehend what a Teska boy will look like without thinking of Gigi and Ella:) Love all of Ella's cuteness lately as well! She's such a peanut. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete