I better do a little bit more of a summer catch up before our summer comes to an end... this is our last full week of summer, as a family, before Gianna starts Kindergarten next week!!
The last full week of July, Gianna and Ella had swimming lessons. We missed the HOT temperatures by a week and instead got to enjoy some COLD swims in the local pool all week. All in all, despite the cooler temperatures, both girls enjoyed their lessons. Gianna completed Level 1 and both Andy and I participated in Parent/ Child swim lessons with Ella.
Last week, Gianna participated in a week long Vacation Bible School program through our local Catholic churches. She was a little nervous and shed a few tears the first day, but soon warmed up to the whole idea and had a lot of fun each day at the "SonWest Roundup." She got to close out the week with a little program for parents and performed a few songs she learned during the week.
I also had some fun volunteering in the first grade classroom as an adult helper. I'm not going to lie, those little 1st graders kept me on my toes all week, and I was pretty tired by the end of the week;) All in all, however, it was a good experience, and I think we are both looking forward to next year:)
And finally, to close out this post I'll leave you with the above pictures-- Ella's 1st haircut!!! The baby curls are gone! I don't think she could get any cuter;)
P.S. One week left to vote! Find out's are winning thus far!




Way to go Gianna and Ella in swim lessons! But more importantly, nice job on those tan lines Andy!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteThe VBS looked like a lot of fun for Gianna! And of course, Ella is just adorable:) What a blonde!