Tuesday, December 13, 2011

G. I. A. N. N. A.


(I love the little leg bounce/ hip shake she does with it all;)

This past Sunday I took "G.I.A.N.N.A." to her first play!  We went because she reached her goal on her chart for sleeping in her own bed all night!  (It's taken her quite some time to fill up that chart-- mom and dad's bed is just so much more comfortable-- it probably doesn't help that she really is outgrowing her toddler bed!)

We went to see "Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail" put on by the Eau Claire Children's Theatre.  She was so excited to go, and I was excited to take her!  She had never gone to a play or movie before because up until now, we weren't quite sure she would be able to sit through one.  This play was a very good introduction; it was well suited for kids and was about 50 minutes long- she did a great job watching the whole show.

I think she really liked it because she knew all the characters, and they sang songs.  She got to see Christopher Robin, Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore on stage right away, but she kept on asking me if we were going to see Tigger.  When we finally did see Tigger she turned her line of questioning to Owl and then proceeded for the rest of the play to ask me when we were going to see him.  In the end she got to see all the characters (except for Roo-- he just stayed in Kanga's pouch), and she seemed to follow the story line pretty well:)  She was able to tell me that Eeyore lost his tail, and they needed to help him find it; it was at Owl's house the whole time.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience, and I'm excited to try and take her to another play in the future.  I would love to take her to one with all the "bells and whistles" someday-- with music, dancing, changing scenery-- the works!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Gianna!!! I like the dance as well;) Glad you guys had fun at the play!

    ReplyDelete