Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's Official...

Well, we've OFFICIALLY given Gianna her first dose of Tylenol. It's not that she's never been sick and never needed medicine before. When she was really little, she had a few colds that required some eye medicine for goopy eyes and with her recent bout with hives, she needed medicine, which, by the way, she is no longer taking and hasn't had any outbreaks:), but this is the first time we've given her Tylenol because this is the first time she had ever gotten a noticeable fever. She got a pretty bad cold this week with a croupy cough and runny nose and got a fever Friday night which caused us to break out the fever reducing medicine. The cold was the worst at night when she would try to lay down to sleep and she was only comfortable enough to sleep when she was with mom or dad. She is hopefully on the upswing now, with a lessening cough and runny nose, and so we are also hoping she hasn't fallen into any bad sleeping habits and will sleep in her crib the whole night through, like she's gotten so good at doing! She has a bit of a hoarse voice so when she cries or wines, it just sounds extra sad-- when she says mommy "uppy, uppy," I can't help but pick her up every time. We consider ourselves pretty lucky that she's almost 19 months old and this is the first time we've had to contend with a fever!
Now that this Sunday is the OFFICIAL end to the Christmas season, I've officially finished our Christmas stockings! I had Gianna's done before Christmas but still had some work to do on Andy's and mine. Better late than never! Now they should be all set for use next Christmas season:)
And, today, I am OFFICIALLY 27 years old! My morning started out well with a breakfast made by Andy and Gianna-- heart shaped pancakes and eggs:) After mass, Gianna decided today would be the day she would take a long nap-- of course it was the one day we wanted to go out and about, but oh well, it all worked out in the end. I got to do a little shopping while Andy kept Gianna in tow, and we had a nice dinner out. I must say, the day came and went so fast! It was a nice day. Do I look older?;)

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job on those stockings, Andrea! And, no, you don't look older, silly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just as young at heart as that Mom in West Salem.
    Happy Birthday to both of you.
    The stockings look great.
    I am so glad G-bug is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete