Thursday, October 29, 2009

Projects and Wedding Bells

Projects
I recently pulled out my sewing machine I got last Christmas to do some projects. These projects marked the first few things I finished since I got the machine. I'm usually very good at starting crafty projects and taking a long time to finish them. For example, I've been working on the same cross-stitch for about 9 years now;) I was actually getting into a little groove and was working on it right before Gianna was born. I worked on it the night I went into labor with her and haven't done it since! I should really finish that someday... Last November I also started to make Christmas stockings for our family. I did this years ago for my parents and sisters when I was still living at home and decided it would be a great thing to do for our little family. Well, I came down with Mastitis both weekends I went home to work on them last year and didn't complete them before Christmas came. My goal was to have them done by this coming Christmas, I should really get going on that... Anyway, here are some pictures of the projects I DID complete recently:)
A little pillow for a dining room chair I had
(it matches the seat of another chair in the dining room)
And, I re-did this rocking chair my mom gave me-- it was mine when I was little (or it could have been Maria's- we had the same chair) BEFORE:
AFTER:
Andy's mom and I also finished Gianna's First Year scrapbook! She really kept me going strong; we were able to finish it in about 9 months and really only worked on it two or three weekends! (I am still working on my wedding scrapbook-- haven't even started our honeymoon one I hope to do some day:) The final book is 88 pages!! It is a highlight of her first year-- she did a lot... and I took a lot of pictures:)
Wedding Bells
This past weekend we celebrated with the Thompson family as my cousin Matt got married! We had a nice time at the wedding. This was Gianna's 5th wedding in 7 months, but it was the first one she was actually able to walk on her own at! She had fun running off and having dad and mom chase after her, and she also had fun dancing. I must say, her dance move (mainly a butt bounce) is one of my favorite things she does-- it's just too cute;) I'll have to try and get a video of it sometime.

Happy 29th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad! (October 25th)

No comments:

Post a Comment