Monday, February 9, 2009

We're In Texas!

Well, Gianna and I are officially enjoying the 70+ weather in Texas! Not to mention the lovely company of Aunt Maria, Uncle Mike, and Cousin Weston:) The only thing missing is Daddy and Aunt Beth! Although Gianna didn't do as well as she did when she was 2 months old (she slept practically the whole way), she did pretty well on both the flights. She did have to eat on both, and I was glad we had an empty seat next to us (other wise the person sitting by us would have probably had a few toys flung at her/him). At almost 8 months old Gianna has a sense of boredom and restlessness so that was a bit challenging to compete with when she was awake. On the first flight we had a window seat and there was one guy who was in the aisle seat-- I was a little worried because he did not look like a "baby person," but when we landed and Gianna was smiling with a few of the other passengers, he said he's a frequent flyer and she was the best baby he ever sat by-- I didn't expect him to say that! We'll see how the flights back go! Since being here, we've enjoyed a visit with Maria and Weston's friends, Mary and Julia and Jen and Jocelyn; went for a walk with their neighbor and her two girls; had a party with Mike's co-workers (Gianna got to stay up late-- she didn't go to bed until about 8pm;); and we attempted to go to a movie, but found out it started an hour earlier. Gianna has warmed up very well to Aunt Maria and Uncle Mike and gives them her big gummy smile a lot. The babies interact well together, although it is amazing at even this young age, when they see the other one playing with a toy, they immediately think that toy is better and try and take it away from the other one. Weston is trying to teach Gianna how to roll better (he's such a pro at it!) and Gianna is trying to teach him that eating isn't that bad; in fact it can be very exciting:)

2 comments:

  1. Ive been waiting all weekend for pictures!!!! So glad you are enjoying your time in Texas, I really wish I was there! The Babies are 100% the cutest babes I have ever seen...and together:) makes me so happy!
    Love from Wisconsin (oh and it's suppose to be 50 tomorrow.just fyi;)
    Love
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, the picture where you are holding both Weston and Gianna....Gianna looks just like you when you were a baby in that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete