Saturday, January 3, 2009

Days Gone By...

This Tuesday is my 3 year anniversary with the Chippewa Falls Fire Department. It is unbelievable how fast the time has gone. God has definitely blessed my life with a job that I love and I realize everyday how much I am being called to do this job, by God, to help those in need. Monday was my last shift of the year, the department had a record year for E.M.S (ambulance) calls; I was 3rd in the department for individual call volume; and we ended our last shift of 2008 all fired up (quite literally)! At approximately 5:00 a.m we had 2 fully engulfed mini school buses in a parking lot with the possiblity of 3rd catching fire. The ensuing fire fight was 1) a challenge due to below freezing temperatures, 2) interesting due to knee deep snowbanks, and 3) a brilliant light show due to magnesium engine blocks (magnesium and water don't mix well). In the end we managed to save the 3rd bus that was adjacent to the first 2 and finished the year safely. Below is the picture that was in the newspaper and I believe that is me in the bottom left corner. A.F.T

1 comment:

  1. The people in Chippewa Falls are lucky to have such a dedicated and caring person to help them when they call 911. Congratulations on 3 years Andy!!! Love You
    Mom

    ReplyDelete