Friday, June 19, 2020

Happy 9th Birthday, Ella!

April 10, 2020

This year made for interesting circumstances surrounding the celebration of Ella's 9th birthday.
We already knew her birthday was going to land on Good Friday- one of the most solemn days of the Christian year, but we didn't realize, until about a month before her birthday, that she would also have to include a pandemic, complete with a stay at home order, into her day as well!

We tried to make the most of these circumstances, and she did enjoy the things that were done to make her feel special, but I'd be amiss if I didn't say she is looking forward to not having these circumstances to contend with for her 10th birthday.😉

A birthday muffin to begin the day and remembering Christ's sacrifice throughout the afternoon

Presents- a special prayer book from her godparents and a collection of Calico Critters

A Shopkins scavenger hunt to find her littlest presents

Posing with the birthday girl

Some TV time on the I Pad and a birthday letter from a friend
Enjoying some time outside and taking time to watch the Good Friday service on TV- About midway through the service, she did cry and say, "I don't want to have to do this on my birthday."  I assured her we would continue celebrating her birthday soon!
Her day turned around when she saw this surprise coming down the street.
A birthday parade!






She closed her day with a little spa time, a little play time, and a little time baking her cake to prepare for her little family party day on Saturday

A Tarzan themed party

Eating her party food and opening a few more presents
A few rounds of musical chairs
and dropping pretzels in a sundae cup
A trip through the dark jungle...
to bring some baby jungle animals to safety.

Make a wish!

Happy 9th Birthday, Ella Bernadette!

We love you SO much!!







No comments:

Post a Comment