Mid-July, we took a trip up north near Tomahawk, WI for our annual Thompson Family vacation. Dominic was just over 2 weeks old, and I was hesitant to go so soon after giving birth and with such a young baby in tow, but I knew the other kids would be deeply disappointed to miss out on all the fun! My mom and sisters assured me they would take care of all the meals and help as much as they could, so we packed up the car and headed out. In the end, it proved to be a very enjoyable vacation for our entire family! We were well fed, and we all had a very nice time relaxing at the lake house. Dominic did great and the older kids thoroughly enjoyed staying busy with the family, swimming, fishing, boating, roasting marshmallows, and playing games.
Gianna and Ella had even more fun when they got to stay longer after Andy and I left with the boys Wednesday afternoon. (Nathan was sad to leave, but we promised him Culver's for supper and that seemed to suffice;) Ella stayed one more night and day before she got a little homesick and decided to come back with the LaVoys. Gianna and Weston got to enjoy some special time together and stayed until Friday with G&G Thompson, Uncle Matt, Aunt Beth, and sweet little cousin, Natalie. When Gianna got home, I asked if it was good to be back? She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "eh." I think she could have stayed another week if it would have been possible;)
![]() |




















No comments:
Post a Comment