Friday, January 2, 2015

Advent and Christmas 2014


Finding little treats in their shoes for St. Nicholas Day and wearing traditional St. Lucy crowns for her feast day.

Gianna's Christmas Concert:)


Decorating our Christmas tree!


We had a barrier around it for a good few weeks, but have since removed it. Nathan hasn't been nearly as destructive with it as I thought he would be;)
Ready for Christmas Eve mass

Dressed in their Christmas best!

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve Night

Opening family presents
After nearly 9 years as a full time Paramedic, Andy officially worked his first Christmas Day.  Believe it or not, for the past 8 years, he was never scheduled to work Christmas Day.  Due to shift changes and a job change too, his schedule managed to never include a Christmas Day shift.  We quietly marveled in this little streak of luck, and so when his shift actually fell on Christmas Day this year, we weren't too upset to accept it;)  The kids and I were able to join him at the station for a delicious Christmas meal, so it all worked out quite well... next year, by the way, he's scheduled to work Christmas Day too-- making up for lost time I guess;)


Christmas morning Santa presents

Traditional cereal and juice in our stockings

Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Teska's on Friday

Part of the gang for Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Thompson's on Saturday


 
When I realized the kids all received cinnamon flavored  gummy Santas in their stockings, I couldn't help but record Ella's reaction;)

The other half of the gang with Aunt Beth
For the record, everything, aside from being held by mommy or daddy, was making Nathan cry that day.  He had been fighting a virus for about a week, and we later found out that following Sunday, he had also been fighting pneumonia:(  Thankfully, he is now in full recovery mode:)


And finally, I'll leave you with these little comparison photos:)  
The top picture is of Maria and me on our first Christmas (at about 11 months) sitting on some wooden turtles. And below is a picture of Nathan on his first Christmas, right about the same age, sitting on one of the same wooden turtles.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment