Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's a...

GIRL!... We think...

We had our 20 week appointment this morning and decided we wanted to find out this time if this baby was a girl or a boy. The baby was VERY active during the whole session, and after almost 40 minutes of getting to see the baby from many different angles while measurements were taken and health checks were done, the ultrasound tech said she was "over 50%" sure it was a girl. In the beginning of the ultrasound she used "she" a few times and said she thought she saw girl parts, but then after looking again, she thought possibly boy. Towards the end of the ultrasound she took another look and said it looked like the baby was a girl. So, after "finding out," the baby is probably a girl but could possibly be a boy... So much for finding out!

In short, I may not be able to trust my intuition after all-- Andy may be the one to trust!

One thing we do know, however, is the baby's measurements and views look HEALTHY! The heart beat was 147, and like I said before, this baby moved a lot! (I've felt quite a bit of movement so far in the pregnancy so that didn't surprise me.) The kidneys, spine, brain, stomach, arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers, etc. all looked good. A radiologist will look more in depth at all the scans later this afternoon, but my doctor said she usually gets a call right away if something looks problematic. Based off the measurements, the due date was calculated as April 8th; that's pretty darn close to my estimated due date of April 10th:)

It was so cool to see the baby move! At one point we could see her stick out her tongue and put her hands by her face. We also saw her open her fingers. I could have stayed there all day, just watching. Here are some of the pictures we got:



We still plan to share name ideas, but I will save that for a future post... I've got to keep the readers coming back for more, don't I?;)

To close, here is a picture of Gianna's "baby" at 20 weeks. She's been telling me this whole pregnancy she has a baby in her tummy too; when I was taking my picture, she wanted one taken of her as well. I asked her if her baby moves like mommy's baby moves and she said, "YUP!" It's quite cute:)

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to hear about sisters! Hard to believe you are already halfway!
    Gianna looks so grown up in that picture! She's going to be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete