For the past five weeks, Andy has been taking a Critical Care Paramedic class every Thursday and Friday in La Crosse. Next week is his last week; he will take a test after the final class, and if he passes, he will be licensed as a Critical Care Paramedic. There is a lot packed into 6 short weeks, but overall, I think he has really enjoyed it. We are proud of the drive and motivation he has to continually improve his knowledge and skills. He is always striving to provide patients with the best care possible!
Up until this week, Gianna and I have headed to La Crosse every Thursday too. We've made the trip down for the past month partly because we didn't want to be left here all by ourselves, but mainly because we've had many other events to attend to during the weekend too! We've had a bridal shower, a jewelry party, bike races, a baby shower, and a graduation to attend. Although it's been wonderful spending time with family, this week Gianna and I decided we would stay here and only make a day trip to La Crosse on Sunday-- we needed a little break from all the packing, driving there, driving back, and unpacking.
Here are some pictures from Aunt Molly's graduation! She graduated from UW-L with a degree in Community Health-- way to go Molly! We're proud of you:)
This past Sunday we also took a little day trip to Arpin, Wisconsin to visit our good friends, Joe and Amy. They recently built a new house, and we finally got to see it. It's a beautiful home, and we were so glad we got to spend time with them!
Weston swinging at the park
Uncle Mike, swinging with Gianna
Vance, enjoying the beautiful day
Amidst our many goings, we did manage to do quite a bit of work on our yard these past few weeks. One of our main projects was taking out part of our backyard landscaping and replacing it with a nice grassy spot for Gianna to eventually play on. Since we have such a small backyard and didn't need a lot of grass for the project, we decided to put down sod. It was harder then we thought to find it, but Andy eventually found a place that had some available, and he worked hard putting it all in. It looks great, and I can't wait until Gianna can play on it.
While Andy worked on the yard, I did some work in our flower garden-- pulling weeds, rearranging some existing perennials, and planting some annual flowers. We also put up a window box on the front of our house, a garden hose rack, and put flowers by our gate. (Ferns had previously occupied the space, and I just wasn't too fond of them there.) I love planting flowers and working in the garden-- I can't wait until everything starts to grow and fill in:) I LOVE spring and summer!!
A few "in process" photos
And the "after" photos
the yard looks great, I can wait to see it . hard dirty work always pays off.
ReplyDeleteNice work! Good luck to Andy on his paramedic exam!! Glad to see that you have been able to enjoy the nice outdoors so far!
ReplyDelete