I almost hate to add this to the blog, but sadly only three of the four birds succeeded in flying. We had Gianna in the backyard swimming that day and left the pool out over night. The next afternoon, Andy found one of the little birdies in there--so sad:( Andy told me he gave it a proper burial, but I'm not quite sure what that means-- I never asked for the details. He also told me that he gave Gianna's pool a good scrub too. So I guess the moral of the story is not to leave a pool out when you have birds in your backyard learning how to fly...
On a lighter note, here is a picture of our cherry tomato plant-- we have successfully grown some tomatoes! Our old neighbor had given us the plant after she started it from seed, and I'm glad we didn't kill it and actually had success with some tomatoes. Next year I'm thinking of planting some more vegetables in our yard-- this gives me hope that we could actually be successful:)
Great blog Andrea. Your backyard looks so good and of course Gianna looks so cute.
ReplyDeleteI bet worms would work though;)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty backyard! And, I'm glad SOMEONE had luck growing tomatoes!
ReplyDelete